Saturday 7 March 2020

“My heart is captured by the beauty of Tuaran, Sabah”- TRAVEL WRITING


Hi! For the first time in my life I would reveal my beloved hometown, TUARAN! Keep reading buddy!
For those who have never been to Sabah before yes! You are on the right blog because I will tell you what’s so special about Tuaran that you don’t want to miss out when you visit Sabah one day.


TUARAN, SABAH

Sabah’s map

 There you are Tuaran!

For your information, Tuaran is in the west coast division of Sabah (you can see it clearly in the map provided). The good news about Tuaran is it’s very near to Kota Kinabalu! You can reach there in one hour time or less (make sure it is not during the peak hour which is around 5 p.m to 7 p.m). Another good news about Tuaran is you will definitely pass by it when you go to Kudat, Kota Marudu, Kota Belud as well as Kundasang, Ranau (My second favourite place after Tuaran) to enjoy the beauty of “Aki Nabalu” (Mount Kinabalu). So what are you waiting for? Come to Sabah with me! 

What’s so special about Tuaran?

Have you ever heard The Gold Noodle of Sabah? If no, here it is!
“Tuaran mee” or known as “The Gold Noodle of Sabah” is originally from Tuaran. This food is very delicious and worth to try. It has a very special taste that I cannot put it into words. The taste is just amazing and only can be found in Sabah.  Therefore, here are some of the restaurants in Tuaran that served Tuaran mee at its best:

-Tuaran Mee Restaurant
-Lok Kyun Restauran
-Mee sup Pipin
-Kantin Bakut
-Tai Fatt Restaurant
-Restaurant D’ Tuaran Noodles

Next is the population in Tuaran. Tuaran is very popular with the Lotud ethnic subgroup as well as Bajau descent.
Dusun Lotud
The Dusun Lotud people is very friendly and kind- hearted. I love their traditional dance because it is very unique and hard to do (based on my experience). However, I enjoy their culture and I’m interested to know more about them. 

Click the link below to see their traditional dance!
You can visit here to know more about Dusun Lotud

Don’t forget to check on the Bajau people in Tuaran. They are very generous and good at baking “kuih-muih” such as "penjaram, kuih jala, kuih lidah buaya, kuih cincin" and more. All these can be found in Tuaran market.
 I cannot get enough of this yummy Penjaram!

Besides, I really like their traditional costume.
Look at the striking colour! I love it but unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to wear them. Maybe one day I will grab my chance because it's good to try something new.
Sabandar Cowboy Town, Tuaran
This place is so nice to take picture. You will fall in love with your own photos. For your information, the Bajau people is very popular with “cowboy” because it is a part of their culture.
I told you it is perfect!

Nature has always been my favourite to relax. Love this to the max!

Oh, I love their language too. It’s very different from mine but I love to listen to them especially the accent. “Eyen abar?” is the only word that I can remember. You can learn better than me.

What's next?

What comes in your mind when you read TAMU @ MARKET?

Fact about Sabahan people, we called “pasar” as “tamu”. So, you are highly recommended to use this word when you want to visit any markets in Sabah.
Tamu Tuaran

TAMU TUARAN @ TUARAN MARKET is the most awaited by visitors or tourists. Fun fact, the local people also excited about this “tamu” (I’m one of them). Let me tell you about it. Tuaran market is actually started on Saturday but it’s best to come on Sunday because there are more choices plus a lot of people will be there. These are the things that you can see at Tuaran market:

-         Sabahan Vegetables ( “paku pakis, sayur manis, sayur losun, pucuk ubi, pucuk betik, labu air,   batang keladi, sayur dukaruk, sayur tutan ”) and more
-         Traditional foods (“Tuhau, bambangan, linatok, bosou, linopot, lada putih, kodop)” and more
-         Sabahan fruits (“bambangan, tarap, buah tampoi”) and more
-         Sabahan Traditional costumes ( mostly Dusun costume)
-         Bundle clothes
-         Flowers
-         Seafoods (“ikan basung”) and more

My favourite food "Sayur losun"
f
One more special thing about Tuaran market is the diversity of people. TRUE FACT about Sabahan people is we are always stand as one regardless of everything. One of the reasons why people like to go to Sabah. Peace everyone!

I’ve always wanted to come back to Tuaran just to enjoy these amazing things. There’s a lot more to discover such as peak of hope, Crocodile farm, Borneo Ant house, Tuaran Panorama view, Linangkit Cultural Village, Sambah river cruise, Lotud museum, Tembara river cruise and more. You may google all these on your own.

Last but not least, I would like to share my poem about Tuaran.

My heart is captured by the beauty of you
A place that holds a thousand memories
Memories of family, friends and special one
How could I say good bye to you
When my heart is locked forever with you

My heart is captured by the beauty of you
Screaming your name is all I wanted to do
I don’t want to say but I have to
I am going to miss everything about you

My heart is captured by the beauty of you
I will always have a special place for you  
Knowing that nothing can beat you
I will see you when I see you

With this, I end my writing here with lots of love.




No comments:

WELCOME! I'm so glad you made time to visit my blog. Enjoy!

       Lots of Love💓